Saturday 16 October 2010

Music Saves My Soul #5 - Song for Gramps

Thank you so much for all your lovely words about my Gramps, it has been more difficult losing him than I could ever have imagined, the funeral is next Wednesday and I think things will get a little easier for us all after that.

This weeks song is for my Gramps, this was one of his favorite songs. Whilst he was in hospital for 3 weeks everyday the hospital radio volunteers came to ask him if he would like a song played for him, every time he would ask for Dolly Partons 9 to 5. The funny thing was his radio didn't even work so he never even got to hear it, bless him. In the end it turned into a little joke and he would laugh whist asking for it. I bet the other patients who had a working radio were sick to death of hearing it LOL

So here you go Gramps, Dolly Partons 9 to 5.............



I am busy making the order of service so I may be missing in action for a while longer! Thanks again for your lovely comments.  xxx

4 comments:

  1. Hi Zoe
    my heart goes out to you, it is understandable that losing him is so hard, he has been with you all your life. He looks such a lovely lovely man from his photo.
    love & hugs
    Sandra (craftynan)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sending you lots and lots of hugs
    vanessa xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwh Zoe, Thinking of you hun! Sending you love and light xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending hugs! I am sorry to hear of your loss.

    I wasn't able to see the video but I know the song. Reminds me of listening to the radio in the kitchen when I was a kid while mom cooked up Sunday breakfast.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog. I may even let you have a choccy from my husbands chocolate factory!!!!! Mrs Wonka x