Friday 12 September 2008

"One For The Girls" Penny Black Saturday Challenge

I really enjoy joining in with the Penny Black Saturday Challenge, and haven't managed to do the last couple so I'm pleased I managed to do this one. I have sat and looked at it for some time and feel that there is something missing! If I work it out I will amend and re post later.
I have used Penny Black Stamp called Daisy Surprise. I have (as usual) coloured with watercolour pencils. I have used a piece of Bubblegum Boutique stripe paper from Doodlebug and have cut the wonky line freehand and stuck it to the bottom of my card, I have then followed the line of the wonky cut with the Prima flowers. I then placed my stamped image on the card using 3d foam (see previous post as to why I'm boycotting silicone glue!) and then added gems to the centre of the flowers. The greeting was a white rub on, this is the element of the card I'm not sure of??? I may have to re think it!
It may come as some surprise to hear I have used Doodlebug glitter to enhance the flower. I have used PVA glue for this as it keeps its shape (takes hours to dry!) but does give a 3d glitter effect when dry.

11 comments:

  1. gorgeous card for the challenge and love that stripey paper - great colour work on your image and thanks for playing along at PBSC this week.
    Love your yummy background
    Love
    kath
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have to have the coolest name in Blogland girl xxxx Love it!! Glad you came to visit me cos now I found your blog and can keep coming back to see what's new. I love this one. The colours are so pretty and you've coloured your image in beautifully, I have to say. Fabulous card xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mount your greeting panel on white and it will balance it out. That's all it needs though!

    Anonymous famous person! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks anonymous famous person....I did try that and the white greeting lost it's clarity.
    Back to the drawing board!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card and in fact, all of your wonderful creations. Reading your profile made me laugh..... because you are just like me!!!! Simple, clean lines always work best and I too like to organise my craft stuff!!!! Thanks for visiting my blog, I will add you to my blog list and will be back to see more of your lovely creations. Liza xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi hun, love your card - that paper is yummy, love it!!!! Brill image - you have done a great job
    -x-

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your card an the colours!
    Hugs Gisela

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous card love the glittered flower...looks really effective. hugs rahcxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous girly card, love the glittery flower :o)

    Hugs
    Tracey
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG its absolutely gorgeous as always.

    I love it the way is.

    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty card & PINK,Yey!!! :o)x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog. I may even let you have a choccy from my husbands chocolate factory!!!!! Mrs Wonka x