Thursday 25 September 2008

Saturday Sketchers Super Tricky Indecisive Marmite Card!

Firstly my blog is under renovation by Mr Wonka so please ignore funny messages, wonky headers and uneven side bars, it will look wicked when complete but it is proving a little trickier than expected. This is my indecisive Marmite card......ie I'm not sure if I love it or hate it! This is the sketch that has been supplies by the super trooper Sketch Saturday challenge crew.

I have found it really difficult this week. I think it's a combination of my confidence having a bit of a beating at the mo and because I interpret this sketch to be quite feminine and pretty and these kinds of cards I struggle with! However this is the reason we do sketches, to move our boundaries, to inspire and to share the good bad & the ugly with our blog buddies! So here's my attempt:

I have used a Penny Black stamp called "Furry Embrace" and have cut a section of the image out using my nesties. I have then layered it up with nestie circles and a scallop and mounted it onto the centre panel of Bazzill card and Doodlebug frills. The corners were made by cutting a circle into 4 and then plonking in place. I have then had an attack of the Quickie glue pen and doodlebug glitter.......with results I am uncertain of! I then had that, something isn't right moment, so in true emergency gap filling style I doodled.......again with results I'm not sure of?

19 comments:

  1. Oooh I adore this stamp! My fave colour too, so I think it is simply beautiful
    -x-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!! Fab colours, a great image and I love the papers.
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a beautifully coloured image and I'd say it turned out fine! love the doodling, just wish I had the confidence to do a bit more! hugs, annie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Considering that this is not your usual style, you have done a pretty Good Job! Good doodling too! ...And that stamp is sooo adorable!

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I Love it!!! Your card and Marmite!! Thanks for joining in with the fun.
    Hugs
    Sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excuse me mrs Wonka, how are we meant to concentrate on your beautiful card when all I can see is CHOCOLATE...............
    I adore that stamp an want it but was told it was discontinued but it does not say that on Penny Black website!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card! It turned out right, that's for sure!
    Els
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooooh it's yummy ~ just like Marmite!!!
    Hugs, Leann x

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooooooo I love that card and the new blog background and header. Mr Wonka isn't just good at making choccie bars is he? lol

    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  10. yum yum card, yum yum chocs. yum yum marmite.
    Ilove it!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yum Yum card- yum yum chocs - yum yum marmite - i love it all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's great,I like it very much & Marmite,lol!!! ;O)x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card. That image is fabulous.
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is fab! I love all the doodling and the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh what a very cute image and lovely card, gorgeous colours
    Hugs \jacqui
    x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a sweet card and a fab colour scheme too :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awww I likes this one, well done to mr wonka chocolate all round me thinks...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog. I may even let you have a choccy from my husbands chocolate factory!!!!! Mrs Wonka x