Thursday 23 September 2010

Retreat Cupcake Class

Good morning bloggers, I will have to keep this short but sweet, this is the first class that I taught at the retreat, it was on the Friday afternoon and I was so nervous meeting new people and hoping that they liked what we were making. I shouldn't have worried as all the ladies were lovely and everyone seemed to like the cards too! although I shouldn't have confessed that I was intending to take cupcakes as there was a bit of a revolt when they didn't appear! LOL unfortunately the oven blew up a couple of days before and I'm not sure about cooking cupcakes in the microwave. I have used the Crazy for Cupcake stamp set and teamed it with some papers from the soon to be retired "Sunny Days" simply scrappin' kit. I am running around like a headless chicken at the moment, not only have I not yet fully recovered from the weekend but my Gramps has been taken into hospital after collapsing at home on Monday. He is 96 and has done so well up to now, so please keep everything crossed for him! I'll be back soon with my next retreat class!

7 comments:

  1. Hi Zoe - I'm so sorry to hear about Gramps - here's wishing him a very speedy recovery.

    I LOVED this class!!! Thanks for being so patient with Mum and her failing eyesight - and me and my complete lack of organisation!! It was really great to meet you and I feel like I've known you for ages somehow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Zoe :)
    So sorry to hear about your Gramps, wishing him well as soon as poss and will be thinking of you.xx

    Love the cupcake cards, too cute!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful cards :) Shame I could not make the class

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Zoe
    love your cards. Hope Gramps is O.K., will keep everything crossed for him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Zoe,

    Edible cards, mmmm :)

    Love to Gramps, hope he's feeling better.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Zoe
    Found your blog - he he! No hiding now. Sorry to hear about Gramps - fingers crossed he's getting better.
    I did this class and absolutely loved it. Yes, you did drop a clanger admitting you were going to bring along cup cakes - if you'd not said anything we'd never have known - talk about rubbing our noses in it!!!
    Thank you for making the weekend such fun too. I think we all enjoyed ourselves. Roll on the next one. Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sory to hear about your Gramps.

    Delicious cards, great colours.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog. I may even let you have a choccy from my husbands chocolate factory!!!!! Mrs Wonka x